Thursday, January 10, 2008

Status Report for 01/09/2008

1. I have improved the document titled "High-performance design features, performance and measurements". I have put more thought and more detailed performance analysing. I have also worked on coding in parallel to documenting.
I will be submitting the document soon.

2. I have installed multiple Web Feature Services, Databases and Naradabrokering nodes on gridfarm machines from gf12 to 19. I have redone all the tests given before in Chapter 1.3.2 in the document mentined in 1. Since they are machines of much better performance than the gf-1 to 8 machines, I got really good performance results.

3. I have developed a new algorithm for assigning the worker nodes for parallel processing. The partitiones coming from the query decomposition are assigned to the worker nodes in round-robin fashion.

According to algorithm:
PN: #of partitions
WN: #of worker nodes
share: base(PN/WN) :number of partition each worker node is supposed to get
rmg: WN-share : if there is no remaining coming from the devision it is 0.
first rmg #of WN are assigned share+1 number of partitions, and
remaining are assigned share number of partitions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.